To create a “About Me” badge for your blog, it’s optional, but it really adds a brand image to your blog. It’s not just a way of representing yourself anymore. People like to see who actually creates the content on your blog, and that it’s not just some fat dude behind a computer screen!.
The first step is very easy, in fact all of the steps are easy.
1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard, and then go to your Posts, and click Add New. Keep this window open. Now go to Gravatar.com (if you have your profile photo in there), and when your logged in, click on Manage Gravatars and then you will see the main image in a blue box, keep your new blog post window next to this window, so that you can drag the image from the Gravatar.com window to your new wordpress post text field.
2. Now make sure the text blinker is below the image and in the center still. Now type something along the lines of… “John is a blogger in his spare time and has a passion for his interest in Technology.”. Then press Enter and type in “About me” below that sentence. If you have an About page for your WordPress blog, insert a hyperlink to that “About me” text. To learn how to create an “About” page, go here.
3. Now click on HTML on the far right at the top of the text field in your new post, you don’t want to publish this post remember. We just want the HTML within it to paste into a blank Text Widget.
4. Now that you have that HTML saved in the copied text, go to your WordPress Dashboard (save the post as a draft in case you need to go back to it). Click on Appearance, then Widgets.
5. You’ll see your “Primary Sidebar”, or something similar to that if your theme is organized differently in the Widgets. Once you find it, drag a Text widget into that sidebar from the left side, then call it something like “About the Author”, and then in the text field below that you paste in the copied HTML that you created in the new WordPress post. Now click Save. It should look like mine in the top image, and the reason I use Gravatar is because you can use that image anywhere on the internet and it will always show up, with no need to upload an image every time, I’m sure you understand that already.
Now you have a brand for your blog, or also known as a “badge”. Enjoy!.